SIAT considers that the environmentally responsible action is an essential part of sustainable business growth.
The environmental impact from the operations is typically managed by:
– Measuring and monitoring raw material and utilities use, as well as, the corresponding generated waste streams
– Ensuring that materials are properly stored to minimize environmental damage
– Reducing use of hazardous materials
– Utilizing Lean production techniques
– Recycling waste, targeting 100% recycling rates
– Re-using transit packaging within contract and industry constraints
Furthermore the company in an effort to minimize the indirect impact of the use of its packaging products on the environment is:
– Developing packaging concepts that target to reduce the packaging waste of its customers and their energy consumption
– Designing higher energy efficient packaging machines
– Developing products targeting 100% recyclability
Finally, the company is communicating its environmental policy both internally to its employees through induction and training, as well as, externally to its suppliers, customers, contractors and visitors.