GDPR 2018 PRIVACY NOTICE
Maillis Group of Companies is engaged in manufacturing and provision of complete secondary packaging systems, machines and packaging materials in strapping, wrapping and carton sealing industries and thus principally involved in the B2B sector.
The new EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) seeks to protect and enhance the rights of data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU.
Maillis Group on behalf of its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (MAILLIS) is pleased to provide the following GDPR information:
Typically, the categories of personal data that MAILLIS collects and uses are the following:
Personal Data that you provide: This is personal data about you that you give to MAILLIS when filling in forms and surveys that MAILLIS asks you to complete or when corresponding with MAILLIS by email, telephone, post or otherwise. This also includes all the details of your sales transactions with MAILLIS. By way of example, MAILLIS collects: your name, business address, email address and telephone number; information about your relationship with us or about your business, information about your professional role.
Personal Data that our systems collect about you:
- If you exchange emails, telephone conversations or other electronic communications with MAILLIS’s staff or MAILLIS’s affiliates, our information technology systems will record details of those communications;
Other Personal Data: MAILLIS may also collects some personal data from other sources. In particular:
- MAILLIS may collect data about you from our own suppliers, credit references agencies or from public sources, such as commercial registries.
- MAILLIS will only collect the information needed so that it can provide you its products and services. MAILLIS does not sell or broker your data.
- Please note that in some cases we are required by law or as a consequence of the contractual relationship that MAILLIS has with you to collect certain personal data about you and in such cases your failure to provide personal data may prevent or delay the fulfilment of these obligations.
Purposes and legal basis for processing personal data
MAILLIS processes your personal data when:
• the processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation or it is otherwise permitted by law;
• the processing is necessary for MAILLIS’s performance of its contractual obligations;
• the processing is based on your prior explicit consent.
MAILLIS processes your personal data for the following purposes:
• to provide quotes,
• To make telephone contact and to email you in order to comply with its contractual obligations;
• to send you additional commercial/marketing communication about its products and services;
MAILLIS may on occasions pass your Personal Information to third parties exclusively to process work on its behalf, i.e. other MAILLIS affiliates, logistic service providers, subcontractors or website providers. MAILLIS requires these parties to agree to process this information based on our instructions and requirements consistent with this Privacy Notice and GDPR. However, MAILLIS may disclose your Personal Information to meet legal obligations, regulations or valid governmental request.
Subject to your data rights, Maillis will process your data throughout the course of the contract and then hold it typically for 10 years after the expiration of the contract except where there is justification for retaining the data for longer periods, e.g. to properly address an audit from tax authorities or to comply with other legal and risk obligations.
Data storage and transfers outside the European Economic Area
MAILLIS may transfer personal data to its affiliates or to third parties located outside the European Economic Area. In the event personal data are transferred in third countries where data protection laws may not provide an equivalent level of protection to the laws of the European Economic Area, to protect your personal data, MAILLIS will put in place appropriate safeguards (such as data transfer agreements based on the European Commission’s standard contractual clauses) in accordance with applicable legal requirements. You may contact us for further information. In any case, MAILLIS does not store personal data outside the European Economic Area
We maintain appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect against unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal data and/or against accidental loss, alteration, disclosure or access, or accidental or unlawful destruction of or damage to your personal data. Where we engage third parties to process personal data on our behalf, we select processors that provide adequate technical and organisational security measures. These measures are aimed at ensuring the on-going integrity and confidentiality of your personal data.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point whilst MAILLIS is in possession of or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
• Right of access: you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
• Right of rectification: you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
• Right to be forgotten: in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
• Right to restriction of processing: where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing
• Right to withdraw consent: you have the right to withdraw consent provided us for the processing of your personal data at any time, by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Right of portability: you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
• Right to object: you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
• Right to object to automated processing, including profiling: you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
• Right to lodge a complaint: you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in the cases provided by the law
In the event that MAILLIS refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
MAILLIS at your request can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed.
You can request the following information:
- • Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation (MAILLIS) that has determined how and why to process your data.
- • Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- • The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- • If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of MAILLIS or a third party such as one of its clients, information about those interests.
- • The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- • Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- • How long the data will be stored.
- • Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- • Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- • How to lodge a complaint with the local supervisory authority
- • Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- • The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- • Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
- • Information on the transfers of personal data outside the European Economic Area
In order to exercise your rights above, you may contact MAILLIS to the attention of the DPOteam or email email@example.com